Your kitchen knives should be in the best possible condition but are you following these basic rules to keep them working at their best?
- Sharpen the blade regularly using a honing steel or stone, preferably at a 15-degree angle.
- Store them in a dry place where they will not come into contact with anything else.
- Always use a wooden or plastic chopping board. Hard surfaces such as marble or stone will quickly dull the blade.
- Never put them in the Dishwasher, hand wash and dry to prevent the heat and cleaning agents corroding the blade.
- Don’t let anyone use your knives!